You can request repeat presciptions through the following processes:
- via Emis Patient Access. This is our preferred way, we have the highest rate of patients registered for online services in the country! Do make use of this efficient service. Please speak to Reception for further details.
- using the computerised order form issued with each repeat. These may be brought into reception or posted to the surgery.
- you can email us your request at email@example.com.
- request it in person directly at reception
- through your nominated pharmacy - details of this process are available at reception or at your local pharmacy.
For medicolegal reasons requests for a repeat prescription must be in writing.
Please allow at least 48 hours when requesting your repeat prescription and enclose a stamped addressed envelope if you would like it posted. To avoid mistakes, we regret we cannot accept telephone requests.
If you are planning to travel then don’t leave your request to late. Request at least 5 days before travel so that you are able to get your medication. Sometimes the pharmacy may be out of stock or closed. Please note that NHS rules state that only a 3 month supply of medication can be issued for travel abroad. If you require medication for a longer period of time then this can be issued on a private prescription, standard NHS prescripiton charges would then not apply.