We offer a mix of emergency, same day, one week and two weeks appointments.
1. Each morning at 8.30am, the appointments for that day, one week and two weeks later become bookable (via phone/online/in person).
2. We also offer emergency/urgent appointments if you arrive in person before 9.30 ie 8.30-9.00 for appointments required on the same day. For these appointments please attend in person rather than calling as this is the busiest time for the Reception. Please be aware that you may be requried to wait dependent on the demand on the day.
3. Sometimes, cancellations become available later on in the day. Some one week advance appointments will become available to book online through Patient Access at 8pm each evening.
4. Finally, if your problem occurs after 9.30am and you require on the day medical/doctor advice or attention that cannot wait till the next day please do kindly request an urgent call back and you will be contacted back by one of our doctors as soon as they can call you back. This will be after they finish their clinic or inbetween patients if they manage to get moment within 4 hours. You must have your phone available as we can only try twice. If it is more urgent then please contact 111, or if it is a life threatening emergency 999. PLEASE SO DO NOT REQUEST A GP CALL BACK FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, INSTEAD CALL 999 DIRECTLY. THIS INCLUDES ANY SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTIONS OR SEVERE CHEST OR ABDOMINAL PAIN, BREATHING DIFFICULTIES ETC. Please attend the urgent care centres located in the main hospital if you have an injury or wound that may need urgent attention inlcuding stitches or think you may sustained a fracture.
Appointments can be booked via the telephone (main reception- 0207 431 1588), in person or via the Patient Access website (you must be registered to use this service- please ask at reception for more details). If you require a specific type of appointment (for example, an appointment in the travel clinic) please make sure you mention this when you book the appointment.
Patient Partner - You can book, cancel, check & change appointments 24 hours a day using our automated system. Please ring 0207 431 1588 and choose the automated booking option. Please make sure the surgery has your current telephone number.
For advice on booking appointments for children please click on this page link.
Important notice regarding online appointment booking
In order to use the Patient Access service you must first register. This can be done at reception. When you attend to register for Patient Access please bring with you proof of identification (e.g. passport, driving license, student ID card).
Not all our appointments are available via online booking. If you cannot find a suitable appointment please ring the surgery and our reception administrators will assist you in finding an appointment.
Please try and ensure that appointments are booked with the appropriate Clinician and in the correct clinic type. If in doubt please discuss your requirements with reception who can advise. We try and review all online bookings to ensure that appointments are booked correctly. Where necessary we may contact the patient to correct any incorrectly booked appointments. This process is partiallly dependent on the information entered when the appointment is booked - so please do give sufficient details in the "reason" field when booking.
The following information may be of use when booking an appointment:
- Blood pressure checks - routine blood pressure checks do not need an appointment. Our interactive patient pod (located in our reception area) can be used to check your blood pressure. The results are entered into your medical record automatically. The pod is available whenever main reception is open. We do recognise that not everyone is a fan of technology, and blood pressure checks can therefore also be booked with our Healthcare Assistant - these are available by ringing reception.
- Insurance medicals / DVLA forms or other forms of private work cannot be booked online as they are not done during normal "NHS" clinic time. Please ring reception to book in this kind of appointment.
- Ear syringing / irrigation is available at the local hospital for those who fail to respond to over the counter treatments. However, the ear in question first needs to be examined by the Health Care Assistant, to ensure it is safe to have the procedure. Please therefore initially book a single appointment with the the Health Care Assistant. Once the ear has been examined, the referral can be made.
- Travel vaccinations cannot be booked online as they require a longer appointment - please ring reception in order to book. Please check whether vaccinations are actually needed - we do get patients booking in for travel vaccinations when they are going to countries where no additional immunisations are required. Useful websites to help with this are fitfortravel.nhs.co.uk, 8weekstogo.co.uk and nathnac.org
- Contraception/ pill checks can be booked with the nurse. Please ring reception.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO PROCEED TO PATIENT ACCESS